what does dehydrated-oily skin mean? Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to have oily and dehydrated skin at the same time? The truth is, although it might sound contradictory at first, it’s perfectly possible.
Many people with oily or combination skin tend not to moisturise it enough for fear of making it greasier, which only exacerbates the condition. Your skin is oily because it has excess lipids, but at the same time it can lack water and be dehydrated. If your skin isn’t hydrated, it produces more sebum to make up for the lack of water. Getting to know your skin properly is essential, as this helps you understand what it needs and how to provide it.
how do i have to care for dehydrated-oily skin?
This skin type is more common than you think. Dehydrated, oily skin produces more sebum than normal (due to high sebaceous gland activity) and what’s more, it doesn’t retain water very well.
There are a number of unmistakable characteristics to identify this skin type:
- Dull appearance: water provides vitality and luminosity; a lack of this component causes a shiny appearance (due to oil), which has nothing to do with the radiant effect you want to achieve.
- Lack of elasticity, as the dermis doesn’t retain enough water to keep it healthy and cared for.
- Dilated pores and “dehydration wrinkles”: fine lines that appear when you tense your facial muscles. Some parts of the face may start to flake.
- More sensitivity and prone to irritation and redness.
HAVE YOU NOTICED ONE OR MORE OF THESE SYMPTOMS?
DON’T WORRY! WE HAVE A ROUTINE WITH THREE ESSENTIAL STEPS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF YOUR SKIN.
- As always, hygiene comes first. Cleansing your face morning and night is essential for keeping impurities at bay. If you want this cleanse to be effective and beneficial for your dehydrated, oily skin, the product should be light and gentle. For this, we recommend Three Action Foam by Sesshin: a mousse that removes dirt, keeping your natural skin barrier intact.
- The next step involves preparing your skin with Three Action Essence: a product that removes dead cells, making moisturisers absorb more easily. It’s also very hydrating and leaves your skin feeling fresh!
- Now we come to the key step: moisturising cream. It should be a treatment that restores the necessary water levels and prevents the skin from producing more oil. If it can also eliminate unwanted shine, even better. We recommend a solution called Mattifying Moisturising Gel Cream: a very light gel-textured cream that unblocks pores, hydrates, and regulates sebum production – the perfect product to treat dehydrated, oily skin!
You can complement this beauty routine with Sesshin Multi-Active Eye Cream and, of course, by using our Illuminating Serum as a final touch to look stunning on any occasion.
Give your skin the moisture it needs and say goodbye to unwanted shine!
EXPERT IN COSMETIC MARKETING & DEHYDRATED-OILY SKIN VICTIM